Capital Law Enforcement Torch Run Area
LETR Capitol (CA)
Chief Carl Dabadie
LETR Capitol (CA)
Major Ward Webb
Capitol Area Torch Run Routes
Thursday, May 19th, 2016
Ascension Parish, Gonzales
Check in at: 9:00 AM
Run starts at: 9:45 AM
- Start: Gonzales Municipal Park.
- Head west onto Meylan St.
- Turn right onto Burnside Ave.
- Continue straight until you hit New River St.
- Take a right onto W. New River St.
- Take another right onto N. Bryan Ave.
- Turn left onto E. Railroad St.
- Vere right onto E. Ascension St.
- Turn right onto US 61.
- Continue on US 61 until you reach E. Conerview St.
- Take a right onto E. Cornerview St.
- Turn left onto S. Irma Ave.
- Take another left onto W. Worthey St, and then turn right.
- End: The run will end at The ARC of East Ascension.
Friday, May 20th, 2016
East Baton Rouge Parish, Baton Rouge
***Official Torch Run Ceremony***
Check in at: 7:30 AM
Run starts at: 9:00 AM
Official Torch Lighting Ceremony begins at 8:30 AM on the Capitol's steps in Baton Rouge. The Baton Rouge Torch Run will begin immediately after the ceremony.
- Start: Runners will head South on N. 3rd St. toward Spanish Town Rd.
- Turn left onto Spanish Town Rd.
- Then turn right onto N. 4th St.
- Head South on N. 4th St.
- Turn right onto North Blvd.
- Turn left onto St. Philip St.
- Take a left on North Blvd.
- Take a Left onto N. 8th St.
- Then turn left onto North St.
- Head down North St, then take a right onto N. 5th St.
- Continue North on 5th Street.
- Turn right when you get to Main St.
- Take a left back onto 8th St.
- Take another left back onto North Blvd.
- Turn right onto N. 5th St.
- Continue on N. 5th Street.
- Turn right onto State Capitol Drive.
- At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto Capitol Access Rd.
- At the next traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Capitol Lake Dr.
- Continue onto Capitol Lake Dr.
- End: Turn Left onto N. 3rd Street in front of the State Capitol.
This is an event for all Areas. Male and female athletes from across the state will compete in Basketball, Bowling and Tennis. Sign up today to play, coach or volunteer for this event.
Camp Shriver Baton Rouge will take place Monday June 6th through Friday June 10th from 8am-2pm. This camp will feature athletes and partners from the Capital Area and Florida Parishes Area. Learn more about Camp Shriver.